Friday, December 19, 2008

Suspended

It's the way my gums bleed when I floss
The way my teddy bear lives in the crack between my bed and the cold wall
The way the word 'snooze' on my alarm clock is rubbed clean off
The way there is still pink polish on my toenails from rainy July

And I care for him with more fire than I thought I had left.

It's the way I leave chap-stick in the pockets of all my pants and jackets
The way I haven't used my binder, swollen with blank papers
The way I haven't trimmed my hair for near 1/2 a year
It's the way I didn't send that letter

And I care for him with more fire than I thought I had left

It's the way I'll never burn those scented candles
The way I'll leave my greek verbs on the dirty chalk board
The way I'll never return that blue nightdress

And I will fight for him with more fire than I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment